Bangkok – Where old and new collide
The Thai capital has become an international hub for finance and business which explains the constant emerging of skyscrapers. It is renown for cheap food, bargain shopping and vibrant night life which makes it an attractive destination for tourists. For those who want to experience the cultural side, there are heaps of temples, palaces and the river markets which would make great opportunity for your selfie sticks).
Bangkok has been named “World’s Best City” by Travel + Leisure three times since 2010 and it is easy to see why with its diverse shopping, food, entertainment, cultural experience and night life. Based on personal encounters, here are 5 tips that might be useful when you travel to Bangkok:
1) Haggling is acceptable but only do it at businesses where there are no clear displayed prices
2) Even though English is recognised, keep addresses of your hotels or apartments or places that you want to visit in Thai
3) Before you jump into a tuk-tuk or non-metered cab, discuss with the driver the cost to get to the desired destination
4) Thai cuisine can be spicy so keep this in mind when ordering your food
5) Traffic is a major issue in this Thai capital so stay around areas where you can access the sky train or points of interest and take that into account when you are travelling.
Like Street Style Poser on facebook